Steps and Timeline
The typical timeline for a Pita Pit store opening is 4 to 6 months. We also have several existing Pita Pit restaurants for sale in specific states. These restaurants can often be acquired more quickly and economically than a new restaurant. Ask one of our Development Specialist for details.
INITIAL APPLICATION / ELIGIBILITY / APPROVAL PROCESS
- Candidate contacts Pita Pit by phone, email, carrier pigeon, singing telegram, or other means
- Pita Pit Welcoming Team calls Candidate (or returns pigeon)
- Pita Pit Franchising Introduction Packet sent to Candidate
- Candidate contacted by Franchise Development Specialist
- Initial Interview Questions Asked
- Candidate submits Franchising Intro Questionnaire
- Eligible Candidate provided Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Candidate performs due diligence; reviews FDD, reaches out to current franchisees, continues to research Pita Pit
- Candidate begins applying for financing
- Candidate completes Franchising Application
- Candidate invited to Discovery Day at Pita Pit Home Office in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- If approved, candidate sends in franchisee fee & signs franchise agreement – Pita Pit Franchise is AWARDED!
Month 2 - 4
FINDING A GREAT LOCATION
- Pita Pit will assist you throughout the entire process from site selection to a signed lease. All leases are signed by the franchisee.
- Almost all proposed locations are visited in person by experienced Corporate Staff before final site approval granted.
Month 5 - 6
- Once a lease is signed, Pita Pit and its agents will coordinate with you to begin the build out process, assisting you and your general contractor from initial drawings to final inspection.
TRAINING PROCESS (TAKES PLACE 4-6 WEEKS BEFORE THE COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION)
- Franchisee attends 9 day Franchise Training in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho at the Pita Pit National Training Center (NTC).
- Construction is completed, local permits are granted.